Elected vice president on the Whig ticket with William Henry Harrison in 1840, John Tyler became president when Harrison died after only 32 days in office. He was the first vice president to succeed to the presidency on the death of an incumbent. He moved into the White House and assumed full presidential powers, setting a precedent that eventually became the 25th Amendment. He was a firm believer in Manifest Destiny, favoring the annexation of Texas. He opposed federalism and strongly supported states’ rights. He was not reelected in 1844 and retired to his plantation in Virginia. When the Civil War broke out, Tyler sided with the Confederacy and was elected to the Confederate House of Representatives.
This U.S. President John Tyler History Mug is part of our US Presidential Series which includes all of the US Presidents. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend hand washing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.