U.S. President Abraham Lincoln came from a poor family, was self-educated, and became a lawyer in Illinois. While serving in Congress, he opposed the 1846 War with Mexico. He lost a bid for Senate to Stephen A. Douglas. He was against the expansion of slavery. When elected president in 1860, seven Southern slave states formed the Confederacy. His entire term in office was spent fighting the Civil War. He suspended habeas corpus and charted new ground expanding the powers of the presidency. He pushed through the 13th Amendment permanently outlawing slavery. His Gettysburg Address has become an iconic statement of America’s principles. Six days after Lee’s surrender, Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth.
This U.S. President Abraham Lincoln History Mug is part of our US Presidential Series which includes all of the US Presidents. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend hand washing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.