U.S. President James Monroe was the last president to have signed the Declaration of Independence. He fought and was wounded during the Revolutionary War. He studied law under Thomas Jefferson and was elected to the Senate of the first U.S. Congress. He was governor of Virginia and as a diplomat helped negotiate the Louisiana Purchase. As president he bought Florida from Spain, and with Secretary of State John Quincy Adams, he oversaw the ratification of treaties that extended the U.S. border along the 42nd Parallel to the Pacific Ocean. He supported colonies for free African Americans in what would become Liberia. In 1823, he announced U.S. opposition to European intervention in independent countries in the Americas with the Monroe Doctrine.
This U.S. President James Monroe History Mug is part of our US Presidential Series which includes all of the US Presidents. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend hand washing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.