U.S. President John Quincy Adams was a son of former President John Adams. Before his election to the presidency, he served as a diplomat and senator. As president, he promoted education, sought to modernize the economy and paid off much of the national debt. On other issues he was stymied by enemies in Congress and his lack of patronage networks. He lost his 1828 bid for re-election to Andrew Jackson. After leaving office, he served the last 17 years of his life with great distinction as a U.S. Representative to the House from Massachusetts. Adams was opposed to slavery predicting that if a civil war broke out the president had the power to abolish slavery using his war powers.
This US President John Quincy Adams History Mug is part of our US Presidential Series which includes all of the US Presidents. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend hand washing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.