George Herman Ruth Jr. began life in a rough neighborhood and spent 12 years at a reformatory and orphanage. Nicknamed “The Bambino,” he was a left-handed pitcher who began his major league career with the Boston Red Sox, where he would lead the team to three World Series championships. After being sold to the N.Y. Yankees by Red Sox owner Harry Frazee, the Red Sox would not win another World Series for 86 years, while the Yankees would go on to win 26 championships over the same period. This led to the superstition of the “Curse of the Bambino” and the famous rivalry between the Yankees and Red Sox. Ruth was a larger-than-life figure who lived in the fast lane during the Roaring Twenties but was noted for his kindness and generosity.
This Babe Ruth History Mug is part of our Athletes Series which includes many unique athletes. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend handwashing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.