Cited for extraordinary heroism and eminent and conspicuous conduct in battle on Samar, Philippine Islands, 17 November 1901 Captain Hiram Bearss was second-in-command of a Marine force that assaulted what was regarded as an impregnable Filipino Insurgent stronghold, fortified over a three-year period, on the summit of sheer cliffs above the confluence of the Cadacan and Sohoton Rivers. Crossing the river under fire, Bearss’ unit scaled the 200-foot cliffs with bamboo ladders while the defenders pushed tons of stockpiled rocks over the edge of the precipice. Bearss and his men persisted in their assault and reached the summit where they overcame a fierce defense in hand-to-hand combat.
This Hiram Bearss History Mug is part of the Medal of Honor Series located in a separate section of the website. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend hand washing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.