Midnight was by any measure the greatest bucking horse of all time. There is no record at any sanctioned competition, with judges on hand, in which Midnight was ever ridden. Verne Elliot owned Midnight, as well as, another famous bronc named Five Minutes to Midnight. Midnight had a kind disposition — until a rider was on his back — and loved to throw off any who attempted to ride him, even bucking circles around the fallen cowboy. His last appearance in a Pro Rodeo event was at the 1933 Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo where he bucked off the last two riders who attempted to go the distance, thus keeping his unbroken record intact. Verne Elliot once said that “a good bucking horse is likely to be born, not made,” … Midnight was ‟the buckingest horse in the world.”
This Midnight History Mug is part of our Rodeo series which includes many unique rodeo stars. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend hand washing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.