Rudolf Wanderone was also known as: “New York Fats,” ‟Fatty,” ‟Triple Smart,” ‟Dean of the Green,” ‟The Sultan of Stroke” and ‟The Bank Shot Bandit.” Starting in the 1920s he crisscrossed the country taking on all comers. In 1961, when the movie The Hustler came out, he adopted the name “Minnesota Fats.” Within months he became a celebrity and proclaimed himself the greatest pool player ever. While the movie was not based on Wanderone, he looked the part, weighing as much as 300 pounds on a 5-foot-10 frame. He was, in fact, a master hustler. He loved animals and was an easy touch, never saying no to a loan. Fats was a charmer, an entertainer, and smooth hustler. His tombstone reads: Beat every living creature on Earth, “St. Peter rack ᾽em up” Fats
This Rudolf Wanderone History Mug is part of our Athletes Series which includes many unique athletes. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend hand washing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.