Andrew Jackson was from Tennessee and was nicknamed “Old Hickory” for his toughness and aggressive personality, which included the fighting of duels. A military general, he defeated the Creek Indians in 1814 and the British at the Battle of New Orleans in 1815. As president, he forced the relocation of Native American tribes from the Southeast to what is now Oklahoma. Jackson was a wealthy slaveholder who helped establish the modern Democratic Party. As president, he favored a small and limited federal government. Jackson expanded the spoils system to strengthen his political base and increase his power. He believed the president’s job was to be a voice for all people, while Congress members were to look after their districts.
This U.S. President Andrew Jackson History Mug is part of our US Presidential Series which includes all of the US Presidents. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend hand washing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.