Casey Tibbs was born in a log cabin in South Dakota where the family raised cattle and captured wild horses. He became the youngest cowboy to win a national saddle bronc championship at age 19. Casey held the PRCA record of seven saddle and bareback championships and was twice World All-Round Rodeo Champion. Life magazine featured him on its cover in 1951. He worked as an actor while still on the rodeo circuit and had jobs as both a stuntman and stunt coordinator. Many of his movie roles cast him to portray himself. In the 1972 movie Junior Bonner, Casey was the rodeo coordinator and an actor. A huge bronze statue of Casey, on the bull Necktie, dominates the entrance to the Pro Rodeo Cowboy Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs.
This Casey Tibbs History Mug is part of our Rodeo series which includes many unique rodeo stars. Content is crafted for a stunning visual experience and to inspire an interest to learn more about history. Biography and images are designed and printed in Bristol, Vermont, USA.
- 11 oz. mug: 3.75” H x 3” D
- 15 oz. mug: 4.5″ H x 3.25″ D
- Mugs are premium hard coated ceramic, which are food and microwave safe.
- To preserve photographic quality we recommend hand washing.
- Mugs are usually shipped within 3-5 days.
- Shipping charges drop dramatically on orders of 8 or more.